How to Apply
How to Apply to Graduate Programs
To apply to a graduate program in Communication Studies at Colorado State University, prospective students must submit an online application, required supplemental materials, and an application fee to CSU’s Graduate School. Final approval for admittance comes from the Graduate School, but the recommendation to admit is made by our department.
- Deadline for applying to the Department of Communication Studies is December 15.
- Applications are accepted for Fall admission only.
Requirements for Applications to any Graduate Program
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
- Statement of Purpose
- Writing sample
- Three letters of reference
Requirements for International
Applicants are required to demonstrate proof of English language proficiency if they do not have a degree from an institution where the primary language of instruction is English. Students seeking GTA positions must earn a score in the "Advanced" proficiency range on the TOEFL exam.
1. Create an Account to start a new application.
2. Follow instructions to start and complete your application once successfully logged in.
3. If you have any questions as you work through the application, contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (970) 491-6909.
Transcripts can be submitted before or after you submit your application.
To submit official transcripts, contact all previous institutions to request they submit official transcripts to Colorado State University (use institution code 4075). Your institution can also send official transcripts directly to email@example.com.
For any documents that cannot be uploaded, submit paper copies directly to the Office of Admissions at: Graduate Admissions, Colorado State University, 1062 Campus Delivery, Fort Collins, CO 80523-1062