Folks:
Happy Friday! I hope all is well with all of you.
Some of you already know this first bit of news. Nancy has accepted a position at UNC. Her last day will be next Friday. While Nancy has been her under a year, she is already deeply embedded in our community. She has brought a kind, generous, fun energy to the office and so much professionalism. Her commute will be so much shorter now and, potentially, her life longer as she avoids the risks of driving from Greeley to the Fort every day. Nancy, we wish you well and we will miss you.
Hey, very little to report. I feel like I am constantly going and that we are getting tons of work accomplished, so why isn’t there more to say? Well, maybe I am too deep into my own projects to see what the rest of you are doing. If so, tell me to slow down, look up, see your work and accomplishments!
Closing weekend at the festival is tonight and tomorrow. A great lineup for the weekend with guests from around the world joining us.
Want to remind you as well of some upcoming dates.
4/22/19 11:30-12:30 – Come-and-go, non-tenure track faculty chair reappointment meeting, LSC 372-374
4/24/19 11:00-12:50 – Tenure/tenure track chair reappointment meeting, LSC 378
4/24/19 3:30-5:30 — CLA All-College meeting. Eric will receive his service award and Ziyu will receive her faculty development award and we will vote on college code RE NTT promotion.  Free food! LSC North Ballroom
5/1/19 4:00-6:30 — Department First Gen Reception Robert Hoffert Learning Center, Allicar Art Museum
5/2/19 5:00-7:00 – CPD Open House, GSB (General Services Building) 104
5/10/19 4:00-6:30 – Departmental End of Year Celebration, Café Vino
Wow! That’s a lot between now and the end of the semester.
I do hope you all have a wonderful weekend, whether that includes joining for a film at the festival, digging in the garden, reading a good book, or petting a dog or a cat.