Every year in late April we host a first generation CMST student reception and invite one or two first generation alumni to share some insights on life beyond CSU. Since we were unable to gather at the end of Spring 2020, but still wanted to make these important connections between students and alumni unfold, we have invited a handful of first generation students and alumni to participate in virtual conversations moderated by Dr. Elizabeth Williams, who is also first generation. Conversations last 35-45 minutes and feature student and alum ‘face to face’ in conversation about each other’s experiences as a first generation student and what lay beyond the doors of CSU.
Webinar conversations begin at 11 a.m. (Mountain Time) via Zoom. When you register for any event below, you’ll receive a confirmation email with the link to participate. We welcome anyone to participate, ask questions, or simply listen to the conversation.
• May 21 – Josett Valdez (’01) and Xochitl Ramirez (’20). Watch the recorded conversation.
• May 28 – Stephanie McCay (’06) and Julie Aprill (’20). Watch the recorded conversation.
• June 4 – Dean Griess (’01) and Megan Robertson (’21). Watch the recorded Conversation.
• June 11 – Nate Shugrue (’14) and Mia Coats (’21). Watch recorded conversation.
• June 18 – Janae Brown (’19) and Yulissa Chavez (’22). Watch the recorded conversation.